
I walk upon the valley side,
With pride my head held high.
There she comes, my princess white,
The splendid queen of night.
Oh! But my time is up,
Homeward bound am i.
What a wretched life of mine,
To leave as my love comes high.
For all my pride and joy,
I must leave my love.
Though she shows my radiance,
Night only does she come above.
Millions of children do I have,
But they all be mother’s pet.
They do twinkle with her in the sky,
But not a single one have I met.
S.Anand
With pride my head held high.
There she comes, my princess white,
The splendid queen of night.
Oh! But my time is up,
Homeward bound am i.
What a wretched life of mine,
To leave as my love comes high.
For all my pride and joy,
I must leave my love.
Though she shows my radiance,
Night only does she come above.
Millions of children do I have,
But they all be mother’s pet.
They do twinkle with her in the sky,
But not a single one have I met.
S.Anand