Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Cocoon


The palm of my hand, shall shelter you,
Its warmth shall dry away your tear.
When you need company, I'll be there for you,
but be u of stout heart with no fear.

As your cocoon, I shall protect you,
from all the worries this world shall yield.
My dearest pupae you are safe with me,
For no trouble shall penetrate my Love's shield.

Oh! The cruel fate has fallen on me,
My loved one, why ever did you leave.
The pupae did leave becoming a butterfly,
I was too tangled in your love to perceive.

All alone now do I stand,
In this world wicked and wide.
The empty cocoon's now buried deep in sand,
The moment you left, my very soul died.

The butterfly still flutters away,
Happy and carefree from flower to flower.
With never a thought for the cocoon which in the wind had swayed,
Protecting it against the scorching sun and heavy showers.