
I trudge along the platform,
Watching out for my train coach.
Then it strikes me hard in the head,
It is a general compartment ticket in my pouch.
My first time to travel this way,
It really was an enthralling experience.
I took a window seat, as it was the light of day,
The surrounding suddenly turned tense.
I saw a mother consoling her crying babe,
While others were already asleep, heads lolling.
Then came the vendors their voices heavy,
Made a cacophony that made my head dizzy.
The fans running above did help,
In making a noise that added to the din.
Now the baby started crying-that little whelp,
I felt as happy as a shark with its cut fin.
Though I have often traveled in train,
In almost the similar circumstances.
All this made my numb head spin,
The curse of a train’s unreserved Bogey.
S.Anand
Watching out for my train coach.
Then it strikes me hard in the head,
It is a general compartment ticket in my pouch.
My first time to travel this way,
It really was an enthralling experience.
I took a window seat, as it was the light of day,
The surrounding suddenly turned tense.
I saw a mother consoling her crying babe,
While others were already asleep, heads lolling.
Then came the vendors their voices heavy,
Made a cacophony that made my head dizzy.
The fans running above did help,
In making a noise that added to the din.
Now the baby started crying-that little whelp,
I felt as happy as a shark with its cut fin.
Though I have often traveled in train,
In almost the similar circumstances.
All this made my numb head spin,
The curse of a train’s unreserved Bogey.
S.Anand